Tuesday 1 December 2020

write in kannada sir ji on your mobile


Reality and in lighter vein
I was new to writing in Kannada on my laptop and while doing so I found, it is very easy and smooth  flowing.  I was just trying to type in Kannada some English sentences and it was a wonderful but I had a very bad experience.  

ಸರ್ಜಿ, ಎವೇರಿಥಿಂಗ್ ಇಸ್ ಪೊಸ್ಸಿಬಲ್. ಬಟ್ ಮೈ ಲಿಟ್ಟಲ್ ನೋಲೆಡ್ಜಬಲ್ ಇಂಗ್ಲಿಷ್ ಸ್ಪೆಲ್ಲಿಂಗ್ ಇಸ್ ಶುರ್ ಟು ಗೆಟ್ ಸ್ಪೋಇಲ್ಡ್. (in English - Sirji, everything is possible, but my little knowledgeable English spelling is sure to get spoiled).  Really, my little English spelling memory is sure to get corrupted while I type English words in Kannada on my laptop using trans-literal Kannada key-board.  I have to type ‘noledjabal’ as spelling for knowledgeable to write in kannada. While writing  Good in ’Good Morning’, I have to type ‘gud’.

Of course, one has a right to argue that Kannada words are different, so no connection with English spellings.   But, in reality we are using many English words while speaking Kannada and if we use those English words, we will be conveying correctly to the other person.  This is for the reason that we don’t get the right Kannada word when we are in a hurry to send messages. For example substitute for the word Good Morning, Hello etc. We may have to go for dictionary and it takes time.   And, it is tough also until we practice well. 

Anyway, while using trans-literal key-board there is an option  to use English words too. That is, for every word 
in the  last option, it shows the word in English.  This solves the problem  to a great extent.

Anyways, this write-up is in lighter vein.  And recently 'kannada voice to text' application is making news.
end- ನಡೆದದ್ದು written sometime ಇನ್ 2018

.
back to  

end.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment