Tuesday 1 December 2020

different directions



Imaginative poem 
         Down the memory lane
         I was thinking
         to become an Astronomer
         specially when 
         I had noticed Armstrong, the strong man
         stretching his arm
         and walking on the Moon.

              Contrary to my ambition
              my father believed in Astrology
              which he was practising
              as a family tradition
              with full dedication.

         Many used to pay
         many visits to find their fortune
         but never paid
         sufficiently to bring up his fortune
         which in turn
         would have given way to my fortune.

              As expected, it resulted
              in his poorness
              despite his tiredness,
              Daddy was happy
              but not me
              nor my Mummy.

         Yet he forced me
         to learn Astrology
         and advised me
         to set aside Astronomy.

              He wanted me
              to continue family traditions
              keeping aside other temptations.

         I did not listen
         as there was a different vision;
         I should achieve the mission.

              Dear Daddy,
              I need you,
              I worship you,
              I respect you,
              and I request you
              to approve my decision;
              let there be no fascination
              and no falsification.
end- ನಡೆದದ್ದು ಅಲ್ಲ imagination written sometime ಇನ್ 2002

.
back to  

end.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment