Tuesday 1 December 2020

god vs gods


                      GOD



Think this way too...  thoughts
         I know
         you are a believer in God's existence,
         you need Him for your subsistence;
         you believe, because of Him
         you have attained good position
         and so you regularly pray to Him
         to pay your tributes to Him.

             I too believe in Gods
             not the Almighty
             who is invisible
             but they are visible.  

         Your prayer sometimes
         is visible to others
         who may join 
         or leave you alone 
         to be in the company of God
         who might also be feeling lonely
         and expecting 
         only your worship
         but not friendship.

             But my prayer is
             not that of yours
             but is limited only
             to a smile, sincerity
             and dedication.

         Your God
         only laughs at your mistakes
         for having mistaken Him
         or for the misdeeds of some one
         poured on you by some other one.

             My Gods
             not withstanding
             any of my omissions
             and commissions,
             are there to share
             my sorrow,
             apart from
             giving me enough strengths
             to withstand the misdeeds of someone
             poured on me by some other one.

         Your God
         expects many things from you
         including the rich offerings
         as advised by the priests
         even in the time of your distress.

         My Gods
         are so naive,
         they even offer theirs,
         apart from sharing my stress
         while I am in distress.

             Your God,
             priests say, cannot help you
             as you are passing through 
             bad days, because of
             some godly stars
             who are in war.

         My Gods
         try not to remind me of bad days
         but try to find ways
         in my gray days.

         Your God 
         who is invisible,
         remember,
         is only a force
         to enable you to foresee
         and He cannot advise you.

             My Gods
             who are visible,
             are also a force
             but they themselves foresee
             and they advise me.

         You too possess
         what I possess
         but you might have 
         forgotten to properly assess.

         These Gods
         have toiled to bring you up
         despite their ups and downs
         with the ray hope of
         having your company
         when they have no other company.

             It's for you to see 
             the real Gods
             in your beloved parents.
end- thoughts documented sometime ಇನ್ 2002

.
back to  

end.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment