Thursday 3 December 2020

independent but worried




Reality and thoughts
Heard of demand for Waiver of Income Tax to Pensioners? 
Sorry, Let us pay tax.  It’s meagre.

Let us not fight for this petty amount and we are not carrying it with us when we leave this life.  We need to fight for 'sans-bribe-nation' to the common man and no suppression to any individual. No bribe system exists in the United States though bribe or kickback might exist in very high level international deals.

Let me be very clear here.  Please understand, please, I am not propagating on behalf of the USA.  This is because we can never compare our cultural values to any European or American nation. I love India, every Indian should love our country.  

A common person in that nation need not pay a bribe to buy a home (no Indian sub-registrar office-type blatant and open bribing system).  He/she need not go in person to many government offices to get the work done.  If one just follows norms, he/she will get a driving licence.  Not even one crosses the line and red signal even when no vehicle is visible on any side of the signal point.  No discrimination in  division of labour.  All are equal. 

And most of all, every person is treated with the highest respect in any place, be it at shops, inside train or bus or even while one takes a walk. This is because everyone follows the rules, loves the nation, is patriotic, respects government guidelines and respects others.  The police are highly strict, very quick and unbiased and impartial.  (please ignore racism which exists in every corner of world)

We brahmins follow rules in India.  Usually a brahmin is never involved in a tussle or fight other than approaching court.  Are we allowed to live happily in India? The answer as per my knowledge is “No”.

Everywhere, influence exists and brahmin is suppressed at all places.   I hate to meet a police officer because in a police station, my prestige is at stake.  While standing in the local bus, I am at the mercy of the conductor’s words.  When I bought an independent home in Mysore, I paid a bribe for registration of home in my name, again another bribe was paid for getting a khata. It never ended there, pay bribe for transfer of electric connection, pay bribe for transfer of water connection.

Brahmins have to carry their traditional dress in bags and wear it in the temple premises as people make fun of them when they wear Kachche Panche and walk the short distance to the temple. 

While I walk on the streets I am at the mercy of bike riders who use our path.  I need to wait for more than 2 minutes to cross the lanes even near my residential home.

Do I really enjoy independence in society?  When I see the things happening in India, I am of the opinion that I have no self-prestige, no self-respect and rather worry at all times thinking what will happen to me tomorrow, etc, etc.  40 years of worried life is gone and I am 60 now.  But, life goes on like that.
end- thoughts documented sometime ಇನ್ 2018

.
back to  

end.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment