Sunday 12 December 2021

ನನ್ನ ಸಹಪಾಠಿ my classmate

ನೆನಪು 

ದೂರ ದೂರ...

ಹಾರೋಣ ಬಾ.. ಹಾರೋಣ ಬಾ 

On 11th April 2024 in Beugal Park a lady sang this song very nicely and everyone appreciated her talent, enthusiasm and activeness. I too liked the song and the way it was sung even though I wasn't aware of the song. Yet it refreshed my memories of the following song of the Kannada film 'Chinnari Mutta'

ರೆಕ್ಕೆ ಇದ್ದರೆ ಸಾಕೆ ?... 

ಹಕ್ಕಿಗೆ ಬೇಕು ಬಾನು ಬಯಲಲಿ ತೇಲುತ ತಾನು ಮ್ಯಾಲೆ ಹಾರೋಕೆ.. 

Here I am not discussing either of the songs but speaking about my memories. We definitely remember some of our childhood days even though we forget most of the incidents. Here below is one such incident.

I could recollect, my father got me directly admitted to 2nd standard in Vanita Sadana Primary School in Krishnamurthy Puram, Mysore. A few days later one family shifted to our next door. To my surprise it was Kalpana who was my classmate. Being the last child to my mother I used to be always with mom wherever she went. My mother made friendship with our new neighbour, i.e., Kalpana's mother. I was interested in the guava tree that was bearing sweet fruits in the home of neighbour. So I used to wink at the tree when my mom was talking to aunty. Aunty was kind enough to offer me the fruits and she understood that Kalpana too is in the same class as that of mine. So she used to send Kalpana to our home on some occasions to play with me.

The days passed and we moved to 3rd standard. By then our neighbour too shifted to another home opposite to Jayanagar Post Office. Though the home was just 300 meters away, my mom never visited that home and hence I too couldn't visit. And by then the boys in the class started associating with only boys and it was considered to be sin talking to girls either in the class or outside. When we were in 6th Standard our teacher Rajalakshmi made the mixing of boys and girls in sitting arrangements. Kalpana was sitting beside me, yet no talks in that whole year or the next year. Boys and girls never talked.  

Now (april 2024), I understand Kalpana went to Andhra Pradesh for her high school studies. But she had come back to Mysore and had joined for the 1st PU in the same college where I pursued my Pre-University education. Kalpana was in the Science stream while I was in Commerce. I never imagined that she was there in the same college.

Years passed, I was in Mumbai when the famous 'Benaka' team of Kannada film actor Sunderraj was giving a theatrical performance of the play 'Jokuraswamy' in Mahim, Matunga west at Karnataka Sangh Auditorium during the year 1983. I saw the play and at the end of the play, Sunderraj introduced the name of actors of the play and he uttered three words on Kalpana with an adjective of appreciation which I am sure  ((ನಮ್ಮ ತಂಡದ ಮೆರಗು). On hearing the name Kalpana, it struck me of the name of my classmate and I rushed to the greenroom immediately. Alas! I couldn't meet her to ask about her schooldays to get confirmation whether that Kalpana is the same person or not. There was a heavy rush by the Mumbaikar Kannidigas to speak to the actors near the greenroom and I could never peep through.

Years passed..  I decided to meet some of our new friends at Beugal Park in Basavanagudi Bangalore. Yesterday (April 11, 2024) for the first time after five and half decades I saw a lady who introduced herself that she was Kalpana and she is associated with the drama troupe 'Benaka'.  My mind recollected everything of my primary schooldays. I just waited for completion of the formal part of the meeting. In order to go for the rehearsals, Kalpana was about to leave the place and without hope I went to her and inquired about her schooling. 

Ohh! she is the same Kalpana, very active and enthusiastic. May God keep her like this always for as many more years to come.

I never use Facebook or surf on Facebook and even now it is so. It was just a moment. I was opening the FB link sent to me by my close friend and I saw 'Suresh you may like to join..bla bla bla..' The first one was this Seniors Travel Group created by Mr. Bhaktavatsala. I just clicked and joined. I wanted for a lady (my wife's friend) who stays near our home needing a lady companion for the travel tickets which we had booked in order to share the lodging facility and reduce the extra expenses. Of course, my request didn't see any response. Leave that part.

But..... a hearty thanks to Bhaktavatsalaji who took initiation in forming this senior citizen group and sincere thanks to Mr. Balasubramanianji in arranging the Beugal Park Meet for which I did participate travelling all the way from Mysore.
***

TRIED UBER MOTO TO REACH BEAUGAL PARK
April 11, 2024 Beugal Park Basavanagudi Bangalore


friend cartoonist h s vishwanath, invitee from my side

group at a glance



April 11, 2024 Beugal Park Basavanagudi Bangalore


cartoonist h s vishwanth









end- written sometime ಇನ್ 20೨೪



back to  

end.

No comments:

Post a Comment